Click here for an introduction and the rules to play along.

Monday, April 25, 2005

Project: Best Summer Ever, an overview

In my attempt to have the best summer ever I have set up this project. I have listed out all the things that I want to do this summer as missions. I have also assigned a point value to each of the missions. Whenever I complete a mission I will receive the points that the mission was worth. The goal for the summer is to accumulate 30,000 points by the end of the summer.

How it works:
Starting the last day of school, May 13th at 4pm, whenever I complete a mission I will gain the points for that mission. I must have some documentation (most of the times it will be a picture) to show that I did in fact complete the mission, and then post that documentation on this blog. If no proof is given the points will not be awarded, that is, unless it is a mission in which it would be impossible to document. The last day to get points is August 21st at midnight, as the next day school begins again.

Throughout the summer I will be adding more missions as I think of them, so if you are playing along be sure to check back.

How to play along:
I know that you too would like to have the best summer ever, so I encourage you to play along. The same rules apply to you for gainingpoints, so make sure you bring your camera with while working on missions! For most missions I will include rules that you can use instead of the doing the specific missions that I have, so for instance, if you do not have a Buffalo Wild Wings in your area to watch the National Lacrosse League Championship game at, you can watch it at any sports bar that has a couple big TVs.
You may also add your own mission to do, but when you assign point values make sure that you keep in mind a few factors: the length of time it will take to complete it, how far you will have to travel to complete it, and how much money it would cost to complete it. I started with a base point value of 300, and then add (or subtract) points from there for each mission.
Also missions can only apply to fun things. Even if you have to repaint your house this summer, you can not get points for that, I guess, unless you find painting houses enjoyable.You may want to change your target point value, depending on how much free time you will have this summer.

Update: You may do the same mission multiple times, but it can not be accomplished in the same way. So for an example, you may visit two different family members over 50 miles away (Mission #69) and receive points for both trips, but you can not visit the same family member twice and receive points for both trips.

If you do decide to play along please let me know where you are going to post your completed missions, so that I can keep up with how your summer is going. Also, if you have any missionsthat you think that everyone should do then drop me an email, and I may add it to my mission list. My email (for this project) is projectbse@yahoo.com.

Keep checking up on this site as I post more missions before the summer starts and throughout the summer. Only a couple more weeks until the best summer ever starts, hang in there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home